"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates (469 - 399 BC)

Sunday, March 11, 2012

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday

The first week is completed, only 14 more to go.

I started early Monday morning with a solid chest workout, followed by 30 minutes of cardio and another 30 minutes cardio and ab session in the afternoon. Tuesday I did back and cardio in the morning and another 30 minutes of elliptical training in the evening. Wednesday was my non-training/active recovery day with abs and 30 minutes of cardio in the morning and Thursday my focus was on shoulder and traps. To accommodate for my training partners' busy work schedules I moved our extensive leg workout from Saturday to Friday and will keep it that way. So after "killing" my quads, hammies and calves on Friday I did forearms, biceps and triceps on Saturday. Even though I used to keep it "biblical" and Sunday was my "day of rest", I added another 30 minute cardio session Sunday mornings to further increase the chance to reach my goals by June 16th.

A detailed version of my training plan can be found in the "FREE WORKOUT PLANS" section in the right side bar.

So Sunday afternoon the first moment of truth came when I stepped on the scale. As expected my weight dropped. Even though probably most of it was water weight, the scale announced a drop of 3.4 pounds compared to last Sunday's weight in. A nice start to my quest.

Since a picture says more than a thousand words, I decided to add a weekly progress picture to my posts. As mentioned in my introductory post, I have been taking a picture of myself once a week over the past year and documented well the changes of my body. If you are starting a new diet and workout regiment, I would strongly recommend doing the same. Besides your body weight and picture, it also helps to record your body fat, the size of your arms, calves, chest, neck, thighs and waist, along with any changes in your diet and "supplement stack" (more about that in one of my upcoming posts).

Little Kodak Moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...