"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates (469 - 399 BC)

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Let's get this party started!

I started this blog initially in August of 2011 but for the longest time I could not not decide on what format it should be. Am I going to start one of those many online training guides or is it going to be a workout diary?
I have been involved in sports and working out for well over a decade now and developed a passion for lifting weights in this time. I played collegiate American Football so lifting weights was essential to develop strength and speed during those days. Once my football "career" was over the idea of "getting/staying in shape" took over and the gym became more and more important.
Unfortunately at that time I had no clue about the importance of proper nutrition and continued doing my old football specific workout plans. The result was a drop in weight of almost 50 pounds; unfortunately now looking back, at the expense of muscle mass and strength.
In February of 2011 I decided to get more serious again about my body and health and started researching diets, supplements, workouts, techniques etc. I started reading everything weight training related and began documenting the progress with pictures, instead of solely relying on the scale. The results were overwhelming.
Even though I regained 20 pounds within six months, my waist size dropped 3 inches and so did my overall body fat.
With a "new" body and a good portion of found again self-esteem I recently decided to do my first amateur bodybuilding show. The show will take place on June 16th 2012 and is organized by the Organization of Competitive Bodybuilders (OCB), an all-natural Bodybuilding and Figure federation. Since I have never done a show before everything, from strict dieting to posing, is a complete new experience for me and I figured maybe worth sharing.
Well long story short, I finally made up my mind about the format of this blog and think this blog will be somewhat of a combination of training guide and workout diary and a nice tool to keep me focused over the next months up until my show.

So now let's get to work!!!

1 comment:

  1. Talk about motivation, I want to go to the gym right now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...