"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates (469 - 399 BC)

Sunday, May 5, 2013

SixEightFitness featured in Muscular Development Magazine

If you haven't picked up the brand new June issue of Muscular Development, now is the time to do so and  catch my first appearance in a bodybuilding magazine.
Ok I haven't made it on the cover of Muscular Development...yet!!! and also the word appearance is slightly exaggerated, however a picture of me with IFBB pro Bodybuilder Shawn Rhoden made it in the latest issue on page 36.

MD June Issue 2013
Page 36
At the Arnold Sports Festival in Columbus, I had the opportunity to meet Shawn and take a picture with him. However since he didn't want to look short next to my 6'8", he decided to grab a stool and stand on it for the picture. While my girlfriend was snapping the picture for me, a photographer from MD happened to be at the scene and take advantage of this humorous situation. 
Zoom
The "uncropped" picture
Today I am less than one week out from my competition and am eagerly looking forward to it. Besides the anticipation to hit the stage again, present my improvements and hopefully place well, I cannot wait to finally "eat" again and get some energy back. 
The last couple of weeks of modified carb drops with several days of low or almost zero carbs have taken its toll. I feel exhausted and slightly lethargic. Last week I also started doing cardio twice a day which further decreased my energy levels and increased my hunger. 
So being tired, exhausted and hungry, it is needless to say, that my life has been quite exciting for the past weeks. I would get up at 5am, do my 30 min of cardio, eat, work out, eat again, go to work, eat, eat, eat, come home, cook, eat, go to bed and repeat the next day. 
I really have to thank my girlfriend for being so patient with me and supporting me through all of this, as this routine is already starting to bore me. 

"It's the final countdown.
Oh, it's the final countdown."
                                                      Europe     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...