"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates (469 - 399 BC)

Sunday, February 17, 2013

I'm Back

Did you miss me??? 
I apologize for my abstinence, but this Winter was dedicated to building mass and I didn't really have anything "blogworthy" to report.
I basically woke up early every day to lift and then ate. A LOT!!!! Boy, let me tell you. My off-season diet consisted of between 5,200 and 5,400 calories per DAY and consuming that much food was a challenge on its own. 8 meals consisting of either rice and ground beef, rice and chicken, potatoes and salmon, oatmeal and eggs or steak and potatoes. But it all paid off.
I have been working with IFBB pro bodybuilder Fred "Biggie" Smalls since my last show in August and  made some great gains this off-season.
As of this morning, I am at 305 lbs. at approximately 10% body fat and ready to start my next contest preparation.
This year I decided to enter only one contest, the NPC Mid-Atlantic Natural Classic, a drug-tested NPC event, in New Brunswick, NJ on May 11th 2013.


I was thinking about doing two shows this year, but after last year's 26 week dieting marathon, I decided to take it "easy" this year, do one show at the beginning of Summer and then enjoy life for a while. As my grandmother always says, "Life is all about balance. What's the point of getting 100, when your life is miserable. Rather live til 80 and enjoy it."

Let's get serious again and get rid of the winter flab.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...